In 2017, School-Home Support (SHS) was selected through a staff vote as London Stock Exchange Group’s (LSEG) new UK charity partner. The three year partnership was launched in January 2018 and will make a significant impact on the educational outcomes of disadvantaged children. Both LSEG and SHS believe education is the key to social mobility: together we can ensure vulnerable young people get the basic skills they need to lead secure adult lives.
“We’re delighted to be working with LSEG; together we can ensure vulnerable children have the support they need at home to succeed in school. The combination of a significant donation, combined with volunteer support from LSEG’s talent will make a very big difference to children’s school attendance, behaviour and engagement in learning.” – Saul Heselden, Head of Fundraising at School-Home Support (SHS)
Key elements of the partnership include:-
- staff volunteering on key initiatives that (1) raise aspirations, (2) help parents furthest from the job market into employment and (3) improve disadvantaged children’s literacy skills.
- staff fundraising, including challenge events and SHS’s DIY SOS team challenge
- a significant annual donation from LSEG foundation
- pro bono and in kind support
The opportunity to partner together for three years will enable us to work strategically, engaging LSEG’s staff across their sites in London and running a range of tried and tested volunteering opportunities benefiting children, young people and their families. The longer term nature of the partnership will also enable us to trial new volunteering initiatives strongly aligned to both of our objectives.
Links to articles
- LSEG names School-Home Support (SHS) as it’s new UK charity partner
- Developing leadership skills with Year 6 children
- Raising aspirations with disadvantaged children and their parents