Raise aspirations and close the gap in educational inequality
Children from lower-income households are less likely to attend school regularly and less likely to find work after school. Partner with us to help ensure disadvantaged young people get the skills they need to lead secure adult lives.
Partnering with SHS is right for your organisation if you:
- Recognise education and basic skills are key to social mobility
- Want opportunities for employees to volunteer directly with children and families we support.
We love the impact that working in partnership with businesses creates. Make us your chosen charity partner or talk to us about designing a bespoke partnership that engages your employees, and improves the lives of vulnerable children and young people.
Together, we can:
- Raise Aspirations: ‘Welcome to the Workplace’ virtual sessions where your employees speak to SHS young people about their education, ambitions and dreams.
- Get Parents into Employment: Volunteers work one-to-one with parents/carers to build their first CV or practice interview techniques.
- Combat Poverty through Giving: Staff can buy a Christmas gift for a specific child. Employees can also get involved in our Book Drive supporting children whose family cannot afford to buy books.
- Translation Services: Some of your employees can help families access support from SHS Practitioners, by acting as a translator during online meetings.
- Improve Basic Skills: support an inter-school book review competition or join ‘Maths for Work’ sessions.
To start a conversation about the impact we can make, email email@example.com
What employees say about a partnership with SHS
“It’s a very rewarding experience to work with young people with such potential and to watch as they start to recognise that they could have a future in an organisation such as Nomura.” – Rachel Grieve, Nomura
“Partnering with SHS truly has been a perfect fit for us. The whole office looks forward to Aspiration Days and everyone volunteers enthusiastically to be involved. The children and parents certainly seem to enjoy the day… but I know for certain we do! Interacting with the children and coming up with challenges for them that are fun and engaging brings a sense of happiness and energy to the office that is always welcome.” – Christine Kenny, Managing Director. Loomis
Watch our video on a recent challenge we did in partnership with Fidelity International – London, making over the homes of two vulnerable families in Hackney: