|Course Title||Delivered by||Venue||Date & Time||Prices|
|Designated Safeguard Lead training||School-Home Support – External Trainer||Solar House|
Thursday 26th April 2018
£100 Non member
Course name: “Designated Safeguard Lead training”
Course details: This full day course will equip practitioners with a broad understanding of the role of the DSL and the integral part they play in safeguarding YP. To enable delegates to build on their knowledge of the responsibilities of the designated safeguarding person’s role and to develop their confidence and competence in carrying out this role.
- Introduce the legislative framework that guides safeguarding practice and the role of safeguarding leads.
- Understand the safeguarding policy and procedures that should be embedding across their setting and how this translates into their day to day practice.
- Identify how to recognise concerns with children, parents & staff; potential barriers and how to overcome these. Also introduce and build upon their knowledge of handling staff allegations and the LADO process.
- Reflect on systems they have in place to Embed, Monitor and Review safeguarding practices.
- Practitioners to recognise through the use of a serious case review their responsibility to ensure the safety of those with whom they have contact with.
- Define ‘Early Help’ and link to local procedures for access to services and principles of partnership working.
- Identify their own values regarding abuse and maltreatment which will link throughout the afternoon.
- Recognise the principles of competent professional judgement through applying Eileen Munro’s Model of expertise and evaluate their own safeguarding rationale and understand the emotional dimension of safeguarding work.
- Reflect on the information needed from CSC to make effective decision making, explore barriers to CSC referrals and identify ways to overcome these.
- Understanding of the process of referral to CSC, the outcome and their ongoing role, linked to LSCB procedures.
To book your place, please email email@example.com or call 020 7426 5036.