Location: Working across 5 Southport Learning Trust schools, based across Southport.
- Birkdale High School, Windy Harbour Rd, Southport PR8 3DT
- Greenbank High School, Hastings Rd, Southport PR8 2LT
- Kew Woods Primary School, 30 Ovington Dr, Southport PR8 6JW
- Meols Cop High School, Meols Cop Rd, Southport PR8 6JS
- Stanley High School Fleetwood Rd, Southport PR9 9TF
Hours: 35 hours per week, Monday-Friday, Term Time only.
Salary: £21,625 – £24,074 per annum (this is the actual salary)
Closing date: Monday 4 December at 10am
Interview dates: To be confirmed
This is permanent position.
Our mission at School-Home Support is simple. We get children and young people back in school ready to learn, whatever it takes. Is this a mission for you? Yes? Then read on.
We are looking for a Family Support Worker to join our team and to make a difference in children lives every single day. As the Family Support Worker, you will work directly with families, in partnership with school staff to help improve attendance, punctuality and engagements in learning. You will also deliver a programme of casework to promote and improve educational outcomes for the children and their families we support.
You will have excellent relationship building and communications skills with a proven ability to communicate with a wide group of people. This is an exciting role and vital to our success in achieving our goals.
You’ll have previous experience of:
- providing expert pastoral support
- working and engaging with parents, carers or guardians, children or individuals through individual and/or group-based support
- working in an educational or outreach environment
- working effectively with social and emotional factors affecting a child’s capacity to learn
- working with families from diverse communities
To view the job description please click here.
To apply for the role please download the application form here and then send your completed form to email@example.com by Monday 4 December 2023 at 10am. The subject line in your email should be Family Support Worker – Southport.
We are committed to maximising staff wellbeing and creating an inclusive, safe environment where everyone feels comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work. To find out more about our current initiatives and offerings, please view our EDI & Wellbeing initiatives document which you can find here.
As an employer we offer:
- Perkbox membership
- Employee assistance programme
- Life assurance
- Pension scheme
For an informal and confidential chat about the role please email Kelly Gosling, HR Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community. Please email email@example.com or call HR on 020 7426 5000 if you need any special arrangements or adjustments to help you take part in this recruitment process.
School-Home Support takes very seriously the duty of care to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and is committed to ensuring that our safeguarding practice reflects statutory responsibilities, government guidance and complies with best practice. Our safeguarding policy recognises that the welfare and interests of children are paramount in all circumstances. All roles at SHS are subject to an Enhanced DBS Check.