The Work with Parents qualification is awarded by City & Guilds and will equip staff working with parents with the skills and knowledge to provide effective support to parents. We offer this qualification at three levels.
Level 2 will suit you if you are a parent volunteer in a school or other children’s settings and looking to start a career in the field. You may have some experience – perhaps you’re a parent yourself, or you’ve been through other short parenting courses and have done some volunteering.
Level 3 is a work-based qualification for staff already delivering frontline work with parents in a school or other children’s settings, who manage a caseload and wish to enhance their skills and knowledge. Practitioners will produce a portfolio of evidence on a broad range of work-based topics including:
- The partnership model of helping
- Reflective practice
- Effective communication
- Working with groups of parents to improve parent-child relationships and engage parents in children’s development and learning
Level 4 focuses on the skills and knowledge required to provide sustained, intensive, whole family support in a multi-agency setting and is ideal if you are a practitioner delivering this type of support for families with multiple and complex needs. Practitioners will produce a portfolio of evidence on a broad range of work-based topics including:
- Building and maintaining positive relationships
- Use of proactive preventative intervention methods
- Multi-agency collective agreement on changes expected from families
- Approaches used to reduce antisocial behaviour and increase positive behaviour